This activity pack gives you four real-life science activities and one research project providing up to 25 hours of instruction. The activities are divided into four themes: Motion, Light and Color, Heat Transfer and Sound. The research project covers solar heating.
Developed by Carnegie Mellon University's Robotics Academy, it includes video clips, worksheets and teacher introduction materials.
- It is a user-friendly interactive teaching tool.
- Meets Science and Technology curriculum goals.
- Tasks designed to enhance scientific inquiry skills.
- Data Logging with MINDSTORMS (e.g. mobile data logging).
- Building instructions to new, simple MINDSTORMS models.
- Measuring distance, time and speed using linear formulas.
- Experimenting with light reflection and absorption.
- Investigating properties of sound with focus on amplitude and frequency.
- Experimenting with transfer of thermal energy by testing the effect of conduction, convection and radiation.
NXT Temperature Sensor (9749) and NXT Software v.2.0 (2000080) are required.