This exciting add-on set for 9686 allows students to learn all about renewable energy sources, and is both compatible with the Machines and Mechanisms portfolio and LEGO MINDSTORMS Education.
The set features a solar panel, turbine blades, a motor/generator, LED lights, an extension wire and the unique LEGO Energy Meter. The set includes full-colour building instructions for six real-life LEGO models - designed for use with 9686 and work great as inspiration for MINDSTORMS.
Combine with the 2009688 activity pack to carry out six lessons and four problem-solving activities. Connected with the MINDSTORMS NXT brick, the Energy Meter works as a sensor, making it ideal to use with the MINDSTORMS Data Logging software. Building instructions for Machines and Mechanisms and activities for MINDSTORMS can be downloaded free of charge from www.electricbricks.com.
- Meets Science & Technology curriculum goals.
- Gives students a highly relevant insight into different Renewable Energy sources, e.g. solar, wind, hydro and hand generated power.
- The product is compatible with both Simple and Powered Machines and MINDSTORMS.
- Including building instructions for 6 different models to build with the Simple and Powered machines set.
- Free activities and building instructions to build with MINDSTORMS on www.electricbricks.com
- Includes Energy Meter that allows students to store and use the generated energy.
- The Energy Meter also gives you the opportunity to datalog in the MINDSTORMS datalogging software.
- Building and exploring renewable energy through real-life LEGO models.
- Exploring energy supply, transfer, accumulation, conversion and consumption.
- Engaging students in engineering and design.